Monday- Soup, salad and bread
Tuesday- Orange- Crumbed Baked Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Veggies
Wednesday- Meatloaf with Whole Wheat Pasta
Friday- Twice Baked Potatoes
Saturday- Left Overs
Twice Baked Potatoes
4 medium baking potatoes
1 cub shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup light sour cream
¼ cup fat-free milk
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
¾ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
3 cups chopped broccoli florets, steamed
1. Bake or microwave potatoes
2. Half the potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving about ¼ inch shell intact. In a medium bowl, combine the potato pulp, cheese, sour cream, milk, oil, mustard, salt, and cayenne; fold in the broccoli. Spoon the mixture into the potato shells; place on a baking sheet. Bake until hot and bubbling, about 10 minutes. 354 calories; 16g fat; 676 mg sod; 42 g carb; 5 g fiber; 14 g protein
Orange-Crumbed Baked Chicken
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup whole-wheat cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 shallot, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 (3 ounce) skinless boneless chicken thighs
1. Preheat oven to 350F; spray nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, orange zest, shallot, and pepper. Brush the chicken on both sides with the mustard mixture, then dredge in the crumbs, firmly pressing the crumbs to coat both sides. Place the chicken on the baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes; turn over and bake until cooked through, 15-20 minutes longer. 179 calories; 4 g fat; 518 mg sod; 20g total carb, 3 g fiber; 16 g protein.
2lbs ground beef
2 eggs beaten
2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
½ cup pasta sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1. Combine ground beef, eggs, oats, soup mix, pasta sauce, and garlic powder. Shape into a loaf. Place in a slow cooker. Garnish top of loaf with onion slices.
2. Cover. Cook on Low 8 hours.
3. Serve with pasta and more of the sauce that you mixed into the meatloaf.