Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just Had to Share



I just had to share my most recent teaching experience. We have been reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins in my struggling reader class (Read180) since January and let me tell you, this book has been an amazing tool! My kids who previously HATED to even pick up a book would not let me quit reading! They all were so excited to find a book that actually captured their attention and made reading worthwhile.






We just got back from a week long break and when we returned one of my students came to me and told me that he had bought the next book in the series WITH HIS OWN MONEY! I could have retired right on the spot and been deliriously happy. I LOVE IT! I took this picture of him reading yesterday. In this picture he is so into the book that he hasn't noticed that the bell has sounded and that the other students are leaving the room!!!!!!






If you haven't picked up The Hunger Games, please do yourself a favor and READ IT NOW!

No comments: