Thursday, January 26, 2012

G Free Diet

So I'm excited to share with you my first bit of research on living gluten free. First, I must say that I have the most awesome husband in the world. When I told him that I was going to try to live Gluten Free at least for a little while to see if it made a difference, I expected him to balk at the idea. If you know my husband, you know how much he LOVES pizza and all things Italian. I was worried that he would laugh at me but instead, do you know what he did? He started researching restaurants that served Gluten Free foods for me. He also said that he would wait to eat his yucky food when I wasn't around! He admitted that Gluten sensitivity does fit my symptoms and he didn't think I was crazy at all! Isn't he the best???

I immediately checked out the book The G Free Diet by Elisabeth Hasselbeck and started researching other blogs to follow. I found one that I'm in love with already and just had to share it here. It's called the Gluten Free Girl . She is married to a chef (lucky girl) who prepares only gluten free food for her!!!! There are so many recipes on her blog and she has several books out too.

Mostly what I've felt while reading these books and blogs is that I'm not alone. I'm realizing that I am reading my story. I've not been diagnosed yet with this disease but I do plan on having my internist do the blood test when I see him in June for my six month thyroid check up.

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy trying these recipes with me or at least reading about my quest to discover gluten free foods! :)

http://glutenfreegirl.com/recipes/

No comments: