Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gluten Free

So I've made the decision after much soul searching (during the Fast) to try to live as close to Gluten Free as possible. I was diagnosed at age 20 with IBS. Since then I've been diagnosed with other autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto's. My younger sister had some testing done a couple of years ago which revealed that she was gluten intolerant and her doctor strongly suspected that I possibly had it also. (After Kim gave her my medical history) :)

Anyway, if you know me you KNOW I LOVE bread and all things wheat. I've thought for a while that I probably have a gluten allergy but I've avoided doing anything about it. I realize every year when we do this fast that I feel the best that I've ever felt. The more I thought about it and realized the things being eliminated during the fast, I realized that the Daniel Fast is essentially a gluten free diet.

So, I've decided that I am going to try this thing. I've researched it and think I can do it!!! I'm sure every now and then I will succumb to some gluten product but I'm hoping that will be few and far between....

What has God revealed to you during this fast?

No comments: