Thursday, March 10, 2011

Created to be his Help Meet

I'm reading this new book sent to me by my best friend and I just felt like I should share some things as I'm reading. I know that if these are things that I need to hear, that you might too. I plan on continuing to post my thoughts as I end each chapter and think of new thoughts. Maybe this can be an email bible study?? If you're interested in getting the book the name of it is Created to be his help meet by Debi Pearl. Keep in mind that I've JUST started reading it, literally today. I just thought it may be a journey we can all take together. Let me know your thoughts!!!

This is from the TIME TO CONSIDER section after chapter one:
God's perfect will for my life is that I be a help meet to my husband. (I do have a choice in how good my marriage will be.) "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man" (I Cor 11:8-9)

Make a new habit: Think of ways that you can be a helper to your husband. Start today.

Getting Serious with God: Locate in scripture the following words or traits as they relate to a woman of God. Write the verses in your diary, and ask God to work each of these attributes into your character. 1. Virtue 2. Graciousness 3. Wisdom 4. Prudence 5. Goodness

A Good Help Meet has a passion to be of service: the words help meet bring up images of a woman who serves others. A good help meet will have a passion to be of service. Her first calling is to be of service to her husband, then her children, and when time affrods, her passion of service will spill over to serving others.

My thoughts: Being a help meet doesn't mean that I need to be the world's idea of a PERFECT wife. I have nothing to prove to others. Something that touched home was the comment that "it is far better that the job be done poorly by your husband than to be done well by you. Your excellence as a help meet to him may very well be God's plan for improving his leadership role in the family. Your female nature cannot be retrofitted to the male role without permanent damage to the original design."

No comments: